TOO MUCH STUFF!!! PC 101-ORGANIZING
Every once in awhile, usually after a card-making session, I look around my craft room and say to myself, “Sallie, you have too much stuff! You need to organize!” Sometimes I do put things away where they belong. It’s when I can’t find something I “just saw” that I get in the frenzied organizing state.
Over the years, I have picked up some hints and after trial and error, have developed a method of organizing my crafting tools etc. Please feel free to use these hints and email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have others.
I will be offering these on an on-going basis so please watch for them.
Organizing My Stuff
• Keep in easy reach
• A wire basket or wood box that is large enough to house all the items together works well
• Roomy clear totes work for traveling
• Dedicated divided drawers that are stackable work well also.
• Obviously, shelves come to mind, but oftentimes there is no “extra” space.
• Categorize book titles so you know what you have
• Stacking them beneath a window seat or work bench works ok
• Glass jars – like jam or peanut butter work well – you can see what you have and they are decorative also
• Paper punched buttons should be categorized by color and put in zip-lock bags
• Special drawer or lined box works well
• Keep blades inside protective sheaths
3. New Baby
4. Baby Shower
5. Baby Thank You
6. Birthday for Men
7. Birthday for Women
8. Dad Birthday
9. Mom Birthday
10. Special Birthday
11. Bon Voyage
14. Dad’s Day
16. Get Well
17. Good Luck
19. New Home
21. Missing You
22. Mom’s Day
25. Thank You
26. Thinking of You
28. New Year
30. EASTER – Secular
31. EASTER – Christian
• Thank you for still looking at me and giving me butterflies – I love you.
• I’m so lucky and proud to have someone as loving and amazing as you.
• To the couple who were definitely made for each other.
• Together forever, whatever the weather.
• I can’t count the number of times I’ve fallen in love with you all over again. Happy Anniversary.
• On this day and every day… I give you my heart.
• All because two people fell in love.
• Your story. Once upon a time… and they lived happily ever after. Congratulations.
• I wanted to have the last word…. Sorry.
• Words should always be soft and gentle in case you ever have to eat them.
• I can’t begin to tell you enough, just how sorry I am.
• When your baby _____ grows up, I’ll tell ______ how lucky ____ is to have a Mommy like you.
• Congratulations, but your baby is the lucky one to be given parents like you.
• A love-filled wish for your little one and you!
• To think of a gift,
I tried really hard,
My mind was a blank
So I made you a card!
• Celebrate! You deserve the best day ever!
• Your birthday is a celebration of you!
• Don’t count the candles, Count your friends.
• Have a fun-filled day!
• Life is short – open your presents early!
• Just Happy Birthday from the start
Cause that’s where all good wishes start.
• May the dreams you dream today,
Be the joys you enjoy tomorrow.
• Your birthday is a special time to celebrate the gift of “you” to the world.
• There are 1440 minutes in a day – on your birthday- we hope you enjoy
Every single one of them.
• Because you are special… Hope your Birthday’s something special
Just like you! Have a great day!
• Have a sunny and happy, bright and beautiful
Magical kind of day!
• Just want to tell you that you’re special,
And to wish you all the joys of a wonderfuo birthday!
One little candle, placed on the cake.. one first birthday wish to make!
• You can walk and talk now that you’re 2. It’s so much fun to play with you!
• Happy 13th Birthday!
• In this busy world we often take those closest to us for granted…
And we don’t stop to tell them what’s in our hearts…
But today, seems like the perfect time to tell you how special you are and how much you mean to me. Happy Birthday, Dad.
• This gift like my love, is from the heart.
Web Sites to visit
If you are anything like me, you love to surf the web looking for great card ideas or places where you can buy stuff! The problem is that unless you write down the web address, you loose your history! My advice is to either buy an address book specifically for a web site directory or create your own computer listing.
Next time you’re up for “surfing”, be sure to check out the following:
Ecstasy Crafts http://www.ectasycrafts.com
Gina K. Designs http://www.ginakdesigns.com
Hero Arts http://www.heroarts.com
Marvy Uchida http://www.marvy.com
Spellbinders Paper Arts http://www.spellbinderspapercrafts.com
Paper Creations Magazine http://www.papercreationsmag.com
Die Cuts With A View http://www.diecutswithaview.com
What’s your favorite site? Please email me at Sallie@uniquelyyourscards.com if you would like to share.
Hello Fellow Crafters,
Summer is finally over! Don’t get me wrong, I like summer – that is, I like everything about summer except the HEAT AND HUMIDITY! My craft/office space does not have air conditioning so making cards during the day is prohibitive. I finally solved the problem by getting up early in the morning (not 4 am like before!) but early enough to enjoy crafting.
I started making inventory for the fall craft shows. Unfortunately, the best money-making venue for Uniquely Yours Cards was cancelled this year, so I am on the hunt for new avenues.
Now, you might think that making inventory is easy – just take a tried and true card and make several more. I could have decided to do that but being the innovator I am, I decided to try something new.
The newest technique is the use of small paper craft bags. As I was pondering what to make, I soon discovered that the bags make great luminaries with those battery-powdered votive candles. Remember that card tag die I bought? I found a gift card envelope template that fits it perfectly. So, I am currently pursuing the gift bag, card and tag set and luminary gift for a new item to sell. I also am developing a new line of gift bags for baked goods. My friend Barbara is going to love these!
‘Till next time,