PaperCrafting 101 10/14
There are several ways to adhere the elements of your card together. Some of them are: double-stick tape, Fray Check, Fun Craft Foam Glue, Glue dots, Glue Sticks (Permanent and temporary), foam Tape, Mod Podge and Xyron adhesive.
So now that you know that there are many choices out there (and many more to come!), how do you know which one you need? The following is a BRIEF synopsis of some of the choices you can factor in when choosing your particular need.:
- Can be bought in bulk (Staples, Office Depot)
- Best for 3-D effects
- Use as a finish or on fabric edges seams,
- Use with ribbons or laces
Fun Craft foam:
- Use with the ever-popular foam shapes.
- Can be used on paper
- Comes in various sizes and liner shapes
- Adhesive is very strong
- Sticks well
- Designed for decoupaging paper or fabric
- Available in both gloss and matte finishes
- Can use on paper, wood, glass and Styrofoam
Xyron (www.xyron.com )
- Is a sticker, label and magnet maker and laminator
- Works with no heat, electricity or batteries
- Change adhesive cartridges easily
- Stickers, die cuts, stenciling, gift wrapping, ornaments, school projects, magnets, cards and more can be made.
- 2 styles available – larger table-top version and small hand-held for buttons, ribbons, small die cuts, thin cardboard
Till next time,