Dear Fellow Crafters,
Staying in touch with the important people in our lives is a rewarding and challenging task! We are all SO BUSY! It seems that the only time we send a card these days is to acknowledge a special occasion or event. The thought of just finding the right card, never mind the right sentiment can be daunting. That’s one of the reasons why I send out my Gallery and Sentiment Posts.
One of the best reasons to send a card is that your simple gesture reaches out to the people you care about and reminds them that they are in your thoughts, your heart, and even your prayers.
While the list of card categories is long, why not send a card for these 10 Reasons?
1. Everyone sends a card of congratulations on the birth of a child. Why not send a card when the child takes his/her first step or says the first word.
2. New School We all remember what it was like to move to a new school. Your niece, nephew or grandchild would love to hear how you coped.
3. Your neighbors’ are moving to another state. Sending them the traditional “bread, wine and flowers” may be impractical but a card would be great especially if it arrives when they do!
4. All holidays are expected but what about “Ground Hog Day”?
5. We all hate to get sick or be home-bound for any reason. Why not send a card to a fellow parishioner at your church who is elderly or ill?
6. Your son/daughter just made the team – a card to commemorate the occasion along with a special dinner would be just the ticket.
7. Your friend’s daughter is getting married. You may not be attending but a card is always appreciated.
8. Your former co-worker retired or left you company. It’s been awhile since you saw them. Sending a card reminds you both of the friendship you shared.
9. While we all hate to think about death, we all need to celebrate the lives of those we know. Sending a short condolence note with your caring words can make a difference.
10. Take a moment to imagine what life would be like without your friend. Now, just tell your friend what he/she means to you.
Whatever the reason, and these are just 10, a card is often the best thing a person receives all week.
Have a great Thanksgiving!