Dear Fellow Crafters,
Have you ever had this problem – you’ve made the card and now find that it doesn’t fit the envelope you have? Did you know that you can make your own? Here are the steps and I have a handy reference for the correct paper size you will need below.
- Measure your card. Refer to the chart below for the paper size.
- Cut your paper to the appropriate square.
- Place your card face down in the center of the square, angled to the left. You’ll be creating 4 triangles.
- Fold in the side flaps over the back of the card and crease close to the card edges.
- Fold up the bottom flap and crease. Use a bone folder for a crisp look.
- Carefully glue the bottom to the side edges where they overlap.
- Remove your card and write the info on the front of the envelope. Then reinserte your card, put a thin layer of glue stick on the flap sides and fold down and secure.
If your card is: Then use a:
5 3/4″ x 8 3/4″ 11 3/4″ square
6 1/4″ square 9″
5 1/4″ square 8″
5 1/4 x 4″ 7 1/4″
5: x 7 1/8″ 9 1/2″
3 1/4″ x 5 1/4″ 6 3/4″
‘Til next time,