Dear Fellow Crafters,
My husband and I used to watch a tv show on the Comedy Central Channel called “Blue Comedy Tour.” It starred comedians Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall and Ron White. I bring this up because while I was binge-pinning (is that a word?) the other day, I remembered Jeff Foxworthy’s famous words “You must be a Redneck if you ____”. (Fill in your favorite word). I wondered if there were any signs that the experts were right. Pinterest is now being called a “Life Style site” that people are addicted to. So you must be a Pinterest pinner if:
- All the lamps in your house have been replaced by mason jars.
- You continually say “why didn’t I think of that?!”
- Your travel plans have taken on a life of their own.
- Your daughter wears pillow case dresses.
- You dream of giant craft closets.
- You don’t buy, you DIY.
- Your grocery list is created from recipes you have pinned on Pinterest.
- If you make a fabulous desert your husband asks if you saw it on Pinterest.
- You may be addicted to Pinterest if you mention Pinterest at least once a week.
- You’ll repin this post.
- Pinterest has cost your craft budget way more than it should.
- You spend hours you could have been sleeping scrolling through Pinterest.
- You have more than 200 pins on your account right now. (It’s ok, stop reading and go check. BUT come back.)
- You’d love to spend hours on Pinterest but you’re to busy creating boards.
- You’ve ordered fast food so that you didn’t have to stop pinning.
- Your craft stash has a stash. (Just in case you have time to make all the Pinterest crafts you’ve seen.)
- Pinterest is your search engine.
- You pin instead of bookmarking.
- Your doctor has diagnosed you with Pinning Finger and Pinteresty. (Look it up).
- Your first inclination in research is Pinterest.
The other comedian on the tour was Bill Engval. His famous quote was “here’s your sign.” So, if more than 5 things above point to you, here’s your sign:
PS check out my previous Pinterest post for more information.