Dear Fellow Crafters,
Some tips for you…
- A good card is one that’s tailor-made for its recipient.
- Embellishments are the perfect way to transform your card, just don’t use to many. Less is more.
- Coordinate color, texture, and pattern.
- Be creative in your designs. Use sketches.
- Use crisp cardstock or paper to prevent fibers from stretching or breaking.
- Place wax paper or parchment between your die and cardstock to help you get a clean cut.
- Place die toward the edge of the cutting mat to get a cleaner cut.
- Use a “pokey tool” to remove negative space from the die cut.
- Use a fine glue pen, spray adhesive or white glue taken from a glue stick and applied to a cocktail stick to adhere die cuts to cardstock.
- When organizing boxes of craft material, label all four sides of the box.
- Keep tools in the same place.
- To avoid sticky scissors that go blunt, try a pair of serrated edged scissors with a non-stick coating. You can also clean scissors with a nail varnish remover.
- Glue guns are super tools to use when you have heavier embellishments or when making 3D items. Many come with stands and come in high or low temperature settings. Practice makes perfect when learning how to use them.